Friday, October 13, 2023

Deliver Me from My Transgressions - Psalms 39:8

In Psalms chapter thirty nine David said, “Surely every man walks in a vain show: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heaps up riches, and knows not who shall gather them. And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in you”, and in chapter thirty nine and verse eight of Psalms David said, “deliver me from all my transgressions” where we read,

Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.

The verse begins, Deliver me from all my transgressions: David began with the words, “deliver me” or “snatch away, rescue and defend me, David” “from all my transgressions” which means “separate and apart from each, every, the whole and everyone of my, David's, rebellions, revolts and sins”. David appealed to Jehovah God to rescue him from all of his “rebellious sins”.

The verse goes on to say,make me not the reproach of the foolish. David continued with the words, “make me not” or “do not put, place, set, appoint or direct me, David, as” “the reproach of the foolish” which means “the scorn, taunt, shame and disgrace belonging to people who are senseless, stupid, wicked and vile”. David asked Jehovah God not to appoint him to be the scorn, shame and disgrace of people who are wicked, stupid and vile.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David desired the rescue and protection of Jehovah God. Only God could liberate David from his willful sins against Him, and David did not want to be taunted and scorned by people who were wicked and vile. Jehovah God desires to have an intimate personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and He sent Jesus into the world to die for our “sins” of omission and commission. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and continually protect and provide for us in the presence of those who oppose us. God loves us, and when we surrender to Him, we shall give Him praise, honor and glory for changing our lives to align with His deliverance and provision forever and ever.

Next time David says, I was dumb, I opened not my mouth, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment