Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Whispering Haters - Psalms 41:7

In Psalms chapter forty one David said, “My enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish? And if he come to see me, he speaks vanity: his heart gathers iniquity to itself; when he goes abroad, he tells it”, and in chapter forty one and verse seven of Psalms David said, “all that hate me whisper together against me” where we read,

All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.

The verse begins, All that hate me whisper together against me: David began with the words, “all that hate me” or “each, every, the whole and everyone whether male or female who were as hating adversaries and foes to me, David” “whisper together against me” which means “charm, conjure and mumble a spell with one another like a magician in opposition to me, David”. David said the people who were hateful and odious to him gathered together to speak low volumed charms and mumblings in opposition to him.

The verse continues,against me do they devise my hurt.” David added the words, “against me” or “in opposition to me, David” “do they devise my hurt” which means “do the adversaries and foes who hated David plan, think, devise, impute, reckon, esteem, value and regard bad, displeasure, unkindness, and wicked and evil thoughts, deeds and actions toward me, David”. David shared how his hating foes thought and made plans to perform wicked and evil deeds and actions against him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David included “all” his hating adversaries in their secretive plans to cause pain and suffering to him. The enemies of Jesus did the same to Him. God knew “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”, (See Romans 3:23) and this is why He sent Jesus to the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we rely upon, cling to and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and contend with anyone who makes plans against us. David is our example for expressing how he feels about his enemies, and he was wise to bring them and their pernicious plans before Jehovah God who knows what they “devised” against him.

Next time David says,an evil disease, say they, cleaves fast unto him, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment