Wednesday, October 18, 2023

My Enemies Speak Evil of Me - Psalms 41:5

In Psalms chapter forty one David said, “The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: you will make all his bed in his sickness. I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against you”, and in chapter forty one and verse five of Psalms David said, “My enemies speak evil of me” where we read,

My enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?

The verse begins, My enemies speak evil of me, ... David began with the words, “My enemies” or “my, David's, hating adversaries and foes” “speak evil of me” which means “utter, declare and proclaim bad, disagreeableness, unpleasantness and malignancy about me, David”. David shared how the foes who hated him declared disagreeable and malignant things against him.

The verse continues, “... When shall he die, and his name perish?” David added the words, “when shall he die” or “at what time and moment will he, David, be killed, executed and put to death”, “and his name perish” which means “and his, David's, fame, reputation and glory vanish and be destroyed”? David shared how his “enemies” wanted to know when he would be executed and destroyed, and when his “fame, reputation and glory” would vanish.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn what David's “hating foes” were saying about him. They spoke unpleasant and malignant things about David, and they wondered when he would be dead and his name destroyed. David's adversaries hated him, and they wanted him dead and the memory of his fame and glory to be forgotten among people. Interestingly enough, Jesus also had people who desired the same for Him. Nonetheless, Jehovah God sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of the whole world. Whenever we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. Jesus said, “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets”, (See Luke 6:26) and when others “hate” us like they did David and Jesus, we are in good company. God watches over us when we trust in His Son Jesus, and He will contend with anyone who “speaks evil” of us and wants us dead and forgotten.

Next time David says,if he come to see me, he speaks vanity, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment