Sunday, October 22, 2023

Why are You Cast Down, O My Soul? - Psalms 43:5

In Psalms chapter forty three David said, “send out your light and your truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto your holy hill, and to your tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yes, upon the harp will I praise you, O God my God”, and in chapter forty three and verse five of Psalms David said, “Why are you cast down, O my soul?” where we read,

Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope in God:

for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

The verse begins, Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope in God: David began with the words, “why are you cast down” or “for what reason and cause are you, David himself, bowed down, prostrated and humbled in mourning”, “O my soul” which means “O my, David's, inner man, mind, will, desire, emotions, passions and appetites”? “and why are you disquieted within me” or “and for what reason and cause are you, David himself, troubled, boisterous, turbulent and stirred to clamor and loudness within me, David”? “hope in God” which means “wait, tarry and have expectation within the Diving judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David asked himself again for the reason he was humbled in mourning and troubled and stirred to clamor within, and he exhorted himself to have expectation within the Divine ruler and judge who is Jehovah God.

The verse continues,for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” David added the words, “for I shall yet praise him” or “for I, David, will continue to give thanks to, laud and revere him, Jehovah God”, “who is the health” which means “who exists the salvation, deliverance and victory” “of my countenance” or “belonging to my, David's, face, front and presence”, “and my God” which means “and my, David's, Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”. David repeated his idea to give worship and glory to Jehovah God, and his own face and presence would be altered by acknowledging Him as his Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see David repeat his question to himself concerning being humbled in mourning and stirred to clamor within. He provided the answer to himself as he referred to putting his “hope in God” and giving Jehovah God honor and praise. David's “countenance” was made “healthy” when he took his thoughts off his troubles, and put them upon Almighty God, and anyone is invited to have this type of personal relationship with Jehovah when they surrender themselves to His Son Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”. Let us join with David and turn our focus upon Jehovah God Almighty and away from situations, circumstances and people who cause us mourning, trouble and depression in our souls.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say,We have heard with our ears, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment