Thursday, October 19, 2023

LORD, Be Merciful to Me - Psalms 41:10

In Psalms chapter forty one David said, “All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt. An evil disease, say they, cleaves fast unto him: and now that he lies he shall rise up no more. Yes, my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, has lifted up his heel against me”, and in chapter forty one and verse ten of Psalms David said, “but you, O LORD, be merciful to me” where we read,

But you, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.

The verse begins, But you, O LORD, be merciful unto me, ... David began with the words, “But you” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover you, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “be merciful to me” or “exist as gracious, favorable and pitiful to me, David”. David requested that Jehovah God be gracious and favorable to him.

The verse goes on to say, “... and raise me up, that I may requite them.” David continued with the words, “and raise me up” or “stand, lift up, fix and establish me, David”, “that I may requite them” which means “so I, David, may be in a covenant of peace, soundness and completeness among the familiar friend who lifted up his heel against him”. David beckoned Jehovah God to lift him up and establish him so he could be at peace and completeness in the midst of his familiar friend who betrayed him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David relied upon Jehovah God's grace and favor to establish him so he might have peace in the midst of the familiar friend who betrayed him. David knew he could trust Jehovah God to help him to be calm and at peace in the midst of this betrayal, and when we are troubled in this manner, we may follow his example as we put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind, and anyone who humbles themselves, repents of their sins and has confidence and faith in Him will gain a personal relationship with Him whereby He will help when others betray. God loves us, and we shall give Him praise, honor and glory as we celebrate His willingness not only to “save” us, but also to guide us into all truth and peace by His Holy Spirit.

Next time David says,by this I know that you favor me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment