Thursday, October 19, 2023

How I Know God Favors Me - Psalms 41:11

In Psalms chapter forty one David said, “All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt. An evil disease, say they, cleaves fast unto him: and now that he lies he shall rise up no more. Yes, my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, has lifted up his heel against me. But you, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them”, and in chapter forty one and verse eleven of Psalms David said, “by this I know that you favor me” where we read,

By this I know that you favor me, because my enemy does not triumph over me.

The verse begins, By this I know that you favor me, ... David began with the words, “By this I know” or “through this means and manner I, David, perceive, understand, discern, discriminate and recognize” “that you favor me” which means “that you, Jehovah God, delight in, take pleasure in and are bent toward me, David”. David said he understood and perceived that Jehovah God delighted in him by the following reason.

The verse continues, “... because my enemy does not triumph over me.” David added the words, “because my enemy” or “since and on account that my, David's, hating adversary and foe” “does not triumph over me” which means “in no way or manner shouts a war cry or alarm of battle above me, David”. David shared that he knew Jehovah God “favored” him on account that his “hating adversaries” in no way celebrated their war cry or alarm of battle against him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David was able to discern Jehovah God's delight and pleasure in him because he was not overcome by his “hating foes”. God protected David, and as long as David and Jehovah were together, no one could defeat him. God loves people, and He offers His salvation through His Son Jesus to every person who will believe and trust in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”. When we rely upon, cling to and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be with us against all “enemies”, friend or foe, who rise up against us. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for their provision and protection for all who trust in them.

Next time David says,you uphold me in my integrity, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment