Friday, October 20, 2023

My Tears Day and Night - Psalms 42:3

In Psalms chapter forty two David said, “As the hart pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?”, and in chapter forty two and verse three of Psalms David said, “My tears have been my meat day and night” where we read,

My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is your God?

The verse begins, My tears have been my meat day and night, ... David began with the words, “My tears” or “my, David's, weeping with tears” “have been my meat” which means “have fallen out to be, came to pass and become my, David's bread, food and grain” “day and night” or “from sunrise to sunset and from sunset to sunrise”. David said he wept so much that his “tears” became like his food every day and night.

The verse goes on to say, “... while they continually say unto me, Where is your God?” David continued with the words, “while they continually say unto me” or “during the time they, David's hating adversaries and foes, daily, perpetually and at all times utter, declare, proclaim and ask me, David”, “where is your God” which means “in what place exists your, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”? David said he wept day and night during the time his hating adversaries kept asking “where” was his “God”.

When we consider the words in this verse, we discover that David was troubled in his soul. He was weeping, and the people around him were questioning the presence of his God. In addition to David's difficulties, he had hating adversaries taunting him. God knows when we are troubled, and He extends His hand of comfort through His Son Jesus to every person who will submit to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”. God loves us, and when we believe and trust in His Son Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us even while others wonder where He is and taunt us for His seeming absence.

Next time David says,when I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment