Sunday, October 15, 2023

Righteousness Hid Within My Heart - Psalms 40:10

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, you know”, and in chapter forty and verse ten of Psalms David said, “I have not hid your righteousness within my heart” where we read,

I have not hid your righteousness within my heart; I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation: I have not concealed your lovingkindness and your truth from the great congregation.

The verse begins, I have not hid your righteousness within my heart; I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation: David began with the words, “I have not hid your righteousness” or “I, David, in no way clothed, covered and concealed your, Jehovah God's, justice, truthfulness, ethical rightness and prosperity” “within my heart” which means “in my, David's, inner man, mind, will, understanding, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, resolution, determination and conscience”; “I have declared your faithfulness” or “I, David, have uttered, avowed, boasted and certified your, Jehovah God's, firmness, fidelity, steadfastness and steadiness” “and your salvation” which means “and your, Jehovah God's, deliverance, rescue, help, safety and victory”. David said he in no way concealed Jehovah God's justice and truthfulness, and he proclaimed His fidelity, steadfastness and deliverance.

The verse continues,I have not concealed your lovingkindness and your truth from the great congregation.” David added the words, “I have not concealed” or “I, David, in no way have kept secret, made desolate or destroyed” “your lovingkindness” which means “your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “and your truth” or “and your, Jehovah God's, firmness, sureness, reliability, stability and continuance” “from the great congregation” which means “apart and separate from the abundant, exceeding and populous assembly, company and convocation”. David said he in no way kept secret Jehovah God's goodness, kindness and reliability from a large group of people who assembled together.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David openly declared having Jehovah God within his soul, and he made proclamations to others concerning God's “faithfulness and salvation”. He in no way kept secret God's goodness, faithfulness and kindness, and he openly told many people about His “reliability and stability”. God wants people to know and declare Him in this manner, and when we submit ourselves to His Son Jesus Christ as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to proclaim Him to everyone who will listen. Let us receive Jesus and tell all who will hear of His wonderful characteristics.

Next time David says,withhold not your tender mercies from me, O LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment