Sunday, October 22, 2023

Why are You Cast Down? - Psalms 42:11

In Psalms chapter forty two David said, “I will say unto God my rock, Why have you forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? As with a sword in my bones, my enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is your God?”, and in chapter forty two and verse eleven of Psalms David said, “why are you cast down, O my soul?” where we read,

Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope you in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

The verse begins, Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope you in God: David began with the words, “Why are you cast down” or “for what reason and cause are you, David himself, bowed down, prostrated and humbled in mourning” “O my soul” which means “O my, David's, inner man, mind, will, desire, emotions, passions and appetites”? “and why are you disquieted within me” or “and for what reason and cause are you, David himself, troubled, boisterous, turbulent and stirred to clamor and loudness within me, David”? “hope you in God” which means “wait, tarry for and have expectation within the Diving judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David repeated his questions to himself about being humbled in mourning and troubled within, and he encouraged himself to wait and have expectation toward Jehovah God who is the Supreme God.

The verse goes on to say,for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” David continued with the words, “for I shall yet praise him” or “for I, David, will still continue to give thanks to, laud and revere him, Jehovah God”, “who is the health” which means “who exists as the salvation, deliverance and victory” “of my countenance” or “pertaining to my, David's, face, front and presence”, “and my God” which means “and my, David's, Diving judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David continued his declaration concerning giving thanks, worship and adoration to Jehovah God whom he declared to be the victory of his face and presence as well as his Divine and Supreme God.

When we think through words in this verse, we notice how David repeated his question concerning his humbled state of mourning and turbulent clamor within, however, he continued to give thanks, honor and praise unto Jehovah God because he knew God was his victory and salvation. By turning his attention toward Jehovah God, David's “countenance” was altered. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and provide us with His Holy Spirit so we will be lead into all truth and have our countenances changed in the midst of our difficulties and afflictions. Let us join David and “continue to praise” Jehovah God for His provision for us at all times.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say,Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment