Thursday, October 12, 2023

Lord, What Do I Wait For? - Psalms 39:7

In Psalms chapter thirty nine David said, “Surely every man walks in a vain show: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heaps up riches, and knows not who shall gather them”, and in chapter thirty nine and verse seven of Psalms David asked, “Lord, what wait I for?” where we read,

And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in you.

The verse begins, And now, Lord, what wait I for? David began with the words, “and now, Lord” or “and at this time, wherefore and straightway Adonay or reverent master”, “what wait I for” which means “whatsoever do I, David, eagerly expect and linger for”? David rhetorically asked himself what it was that he should eagerly long for and expect.

The verse continues,my hope is in you. David added the words, “my hope” or “my, David's, absolute expectation” “is in you” which means “exists within you, Jehovah God”. David declared his absolute expectation to be within his reverent master Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David questioned himself as to what he should be relying upon and expecting. Jehovah God was his answer, and God desires to be the One to whom everyone puts their “hope”. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus to be the “Savior and Lord” of the world by dying on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. There is no greater source than Jehovah God in which to put our faith and hope, and we shall give Him praise, honor and glory for all eternity for being so reliable.

Next time David says, deliver me from all my transgressions, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment