Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Be Merciful to Me - Psalms 41:4

In Psalms chapter forty one David said, “The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: you will make all his bed in his sickness”, and in chapter forty one and verse four of Psalms David said, “LORD, be merciful to me” where we read,

I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against you.

The verse begins, I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: David began with the words, “I said” or “I, David, uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “be merciful unto me” or “extend grace and show favor and pity to me, David”. David called out upon Jehovah God to extend grace, pity and favor toward him.

The verse goes on to say,heal my soul; for I have sinned against you.” David continued with the words, “heal my soul” or “cure, repair and make healthy my, David's, inner man, mind, will, self, life, appetite, emotions, passions and living being”; “for I have sinned against you” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, have missed the mark, been wrong, erred and incurred grief in opposition to you, Jehovah God”. David beckoned Jehovah God to cure and make whole his inner being because he had missed the mark, been wrong and erred against Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David desired that Jehovah God extend grace and favor to him. He knew his inner man was troubled and in grief because he missed the mark and erred against God. Sin has this affect on us. When will “sin”, we not only “sin” against others and ourselves, but we also “sin” against God. The guilt and shame we feel inside should drive us to God's Son Jesus to ask Him to forgive us for our sin and cleanse our souls. (See 1 John 1:9) Jehovah God sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will free us from guilt and shame and begin to use us in His Kingdom to tell others about His amazing grace. Let all praise, honor and glory be given unto Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for providing a means by which our griefs and sorrows may be removed when we err from His ways.

Next time David says,My enemies speak evil of me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment