Sunday, October 22, 2023

Judge Me, O God - Psalms 43:1

In Psalms chapter forty three and verse one David said, “Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation” where we read,

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation:

O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.

The verse begins, Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: David began with the words, “Judge me, O God” or “govern over, vindicate and execute judgment upon me, David, O Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”, “and plead my cause” which means “and strive, contend and make a complaint for my, David's, strife, controversy and dispute” “against an ungodly nation” or “in opposition to a foreign, unkind, unholy, unfaithful, non-pious, non_Hebrew and heathen people”. David appealed to Jehovah God to vindicate him by contending for his controversy with a non-pious and unholy group of people.

The verse continues,O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.” David added the words, “O deliver me” or “O, save, bring into security and carry me, David, safe away” “from the deceitful” which means “apart and separate from the treacherous, fraudulent, crafty, false, subtle” “and unjust man” or “and unrighteous, wrong, violent in deeds, perverse and evil person whether male or female”. David beckoned Jehovah God to rescue him from the person who was treacherous, fraudulent, perverse and evil.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to govern over his case against an unholy and heathen people. He wanted to be brought into security against someone who was treacherous, fraudulent, unrighteous and perverse, and David knew to present his situation to Jehovah God. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of the whole world. Anyone who yields to Jesus will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life and have Jehovah God to defend and protect them against unholy and unrighteous people and nations who rise up against them.

Next time David says,For you are the God of my strength, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment