Friday, October 13, 2023

Dumb and Not Opening My Mouth - Psalms 39:9

In Psalms chapter thirty nine David said, “Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish”, and in chapter thirty nine and verse nine of Psalms David said, “I was dumb, I opened not my mouth” where we read,

I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because you did it.

The verse begins, I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; David began with the words, “I was dumb” or “I, David, was bound, tongue-tied and put to silence”, “I opened not my mouth” which means “I, David, did not loosen or throw open my, David's, orifice in the face used for eating and speaking”. David said he was put to silence and did not “open” his mouth to speak.

The verse continues,because you did it. David added the word, “because” or “since and on account that” “you did it” which means “you, Jehovah God, caused and effected the punishment for David's sin”. David shared how he knew Jehovah God caused the adverse effects of his sin.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David did not speak about the consequences he was suffering because of his “sin”. He knew Jehovah God allowed them, and there was only an appeal that would be consequential at this point. God loves us, and He provides His laws, instruction and direction for our lives because He knows in advance what happens when we sin. God sent His Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross for the sins of the world, and anyone who yields to Him will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life and have their life changed by the leading of God's Holy Spirit. Yes, consequences follow sin, but the grace of God through His Son Jesus Christ is available to all of us when we surrender our lives to Him.

Next time David says, remove your stroke away from me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment