Sunday, October 22, 2023

The God of My Strength - Psalms 43:2

In Psalms chapter forty three David said, “Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man”, and in chapter forty three and verse two David said, “For you are the God of my strength” where we read,

For you are the God of my strength: why do you cast me off?

why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

The verse begins, For you are the God of my strength: why do you cast me off? David began with the words, “for you are the God” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, exist as the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “of my strength” which means “belonging to my, David's, place or means of safety, protection, refuge and stronghold”: “why do you cast me off” or “for what reason and cause do you, Jehovah God, forcefully reject, become odious and emit a stench toward me, David”? David declared Jehovah God to be his means of safety, refuge and stronghold, and therefore he wondered “why” God rejected and became odious toward him.

The verse goes on to say,why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?” David continued with the words, “why go I mourning” or “for what reason and cause do I, David, proceed and move forward in darkness, gloom and as in sackcloth and sordid garments” “because of the oppression” which means “since and on account of the distress, pressure and affliction” “of the enemy” or “belonging to the hating foe and adversary”. David questioned the reason he was proceeding in sorrow, gloom and darkness on account of the distress and pressure his hating foes put upon him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David knew Jehovah God was his stronghold and protection, so he wondered why He would reject him. He also wanted to know the reason that he went through life in a gloomy state on account of the distress and affliction of his hating foes. David encountered adversity much like we do, and though we have a personal relationship with Jehovah God through His Son Jesus, we may encounter difficult situations and people. God becomes our stronghold, defense and protection when we surrender to His Son Jesus, and we may depend upon and trust in Him to be engaged in our lives even when we wonder why there seems to be apathy or a delay from Him.

Next time David says,O send out your light and your truth, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment