Sunday, October 15, 2023

Be Pleased to Deliver Me - Psalms 40:13

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “Withhold not you your tender mercies from me, O LORD: let your lovingkindness and your truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: my iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head: therefore my heart fails me”, and in chapter forty and verse thirteen of Psalms David said, “be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me” where we read,

Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

The verse begins, Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: David began with the words, “Be pleased” or “be favorable, accepting and satisfied”, “O LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “to deliver me” or “to rescue, snatch away, save and recover me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to be favorable to him and rescue him from the torment of his sin.

The verse goes on to say,O LORD, make haste to help me.” David continued with the words, “O LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “make haste” which means “hurry, act quickly and be excited” “to help me” or “to succor, give aid and assistance to me, David”. David beckoned Jehovah God to hurry up and assist him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David knew where to take the anguish of his soul because of his sin. He desired that Jehovah God be favorable to him and rescue him, and David wanted this to happen quickly. God stands ready to receive any person who comes to Him through His Son Jesus because He sent Him to the world to be crucified for the sins of all mankind. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will be favorable to us and quickly forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. God's invitation is to everyone, and we are among the wise when we come and ask Him for “hurried favor, rescue and assistance.

Next time David says,Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment