Saturday, October 14, 2023

Waiting Patiently for the LORD - Psalms 40:1

Psalms chapter forty begins with the heading, “[[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “to the chief Musician” or “to the preeminent, overseeing superintendent or chief choir director” “A Psalm” which means “a melody or poem set to notes” “of David” or “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter forty and verse one of Psalms David said, “I waited patiently for the LORD” where we read,

I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

The verse begins, I waited patiently for the LORD; David began with the words, “I waited patiently” or “I, David, eagerly looked, lingered and tarried for” “the LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David shared how he patiently tarried for Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say,and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. David continued with the words, “and he inclined unto me” or “and he, Jehovah God, bent toward, stretched out and extended Himself to me, David”, “and heard my cry” which means “and listened to, perceived, hearkened and paid attention to my, David's, hallooing and shouting aloud”. David shared how Jehovah God bent toward him and listened to his desperate plea.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David tarried for Jehovah God, and Jehovah paid attention to his plea. God does not always answer our prayers right away, and we must learn to “wait patiently” for Him when those times come. God hears us, and because He loves us, He sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins so we could be forgiven and live forever with Him. God “heard” David, and He will hear us especially when we cry out to Him in belief for “salvation” and preservation for our lives throughout eternity.

Next time David says,He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment