Sunday, October 15, 2023

Withhold Not Tender Mercies - Psalms 40:11

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “I have not hid your righteousness within my heart; I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation: I have not concealed your lovingkindness and your truth from the great congregation”, and in chapter forty and verse eleven of Psalms David said, “withhold not your tender mercies from me, O LORD” where we read,

Withhold not you your tender mercies from me, O LORD:

let your lovingkindness and your truth continually preserve me.

The verse begins, Withhold not you your tender mercies from me, O LORD: David began with the words, “withhold not you” or “do not restrain, restrict, shut up or keep back you, Jehovah God” “your tender mercies from me” which means “your, Jehovah God's, compassion, tender love, mercy ad pity apart and separate from me, David”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to keep His compassion and tender love from him.

The verse goes on to say,let your lovingkindness and your truth continually preserve me.” David continued with the words, “let your lovingkindness” or “allow and permit your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “and your truth” which means “and your, Jehovah God's, firmness, sureness, reliability, stability and continuance” “continually preserve me” or “perpetually and constantly guard, watch over and keep me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to allow His goodness, kindness and reliability to perpetually watch over and keep him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David desired that Jehovah God not keep his compassion and tender love apart from him, and he wanted Jehovah God's goodness, kindness and stability to guard his life. God desires to have this kind of relationship with every person, and when we submit ourselves to His Son Jesus, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. We should join with David and ask Jehovah God to provide His compassion, tender love, goodness, kindness and reliability to preserve us, and we shall give Him praise, honor and glory for His presence and characteristics within our lives.

Next time David says,innumerable evils have compassed me about, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment