Friday, October 13, 2023

Remove Your Stroke - Psalms 39:10

In Psalms chapter thirty nine David said, “Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish. I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because you did it, and in chapter thirty nine and verse ten of Psalms David said, “remove your stroke away from me” where we read,

Remove your stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of your hand.

The verse begins, Remove your stroke away from me: David began with the words, “remove your stroke” “turn aside, cause to depart, depose and take your, Jehovah God's, plague, disease, mark and wound” “away from me” which means “separate and apart from me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to take away His plague and wound from him.

The verse goes on to say,I am consumed by the blow of your hand. David continued with the words, “I am consumed” or “I, David, exist as complete, accomplished, finished and ended” “by the blow” which means “through the means of the contention, strife, conflict and hostility” “of your hand” or “belonging to your, Jehovah God's, open hand of power, authority, means and direction”. David said he was finished by Jehovah God's “hand” of power, means, direction and authority.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see David beckon Jehovah God to take away His plague and wound from him because he was overwhelmed by God's contention, strife, conflict and power. God is the creator of the Universe, and He gave life to every person who lives. His breath is within each of us who are alive, and He has power and authority over us which makes Him able to rescue us from the consequences of our sins. He sent His Son Jesus to be crucified for the sins of all mankind, and anyone who yields their life to Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life. God provides His Holy Spirit to lead and guide us to conform to His image and to discover His purpose for our lives. For all eternity we who believe will give Jehovah God praise and glory for His provision for us even when His “stroke” was upon us and the “blow” of His “hand” “consumed” us.

Next time David tells what happens when Jehovah God, corrects man for iniquity, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment