Saturday, October 14, 2023

Spare Me - Psalms 39:13

In Psalms chapter thirty nine David said to Jehovah God, “Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not your peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with you, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were, and in chapter thirty nine and verse thirteen of Psalms David appealed to Jehovah God to, “spare me, that I may recover strength” where we read,

O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go away, and be no more.

The verse begins, O spare me, that I may recover strength, ... David began with the words, “O spare me” or “O look at, regard, gaze upon and behold me, David”, “that I may recover strength” which means “so I, David, might gleam, smile and look pleasant”. David appealed to Jehovah God to behold him so he could smile and look pleasant.

The verse continues,before I go away, and be no more. David added the words, “before I go away” or “in advance of the time when I, David, go, depart and leave”, “and be no more” which means “and exist as nothing”. David desired to be “spared” and to “recover strength” in advance of the time when he would no longer exist.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David beckoned Jehovah God to behold and regard him so that he would regain his pleasant look in advance of the time when he would no longer exist. God desires to “spare” people, and the greatest harm that can come upon them is an eternal separation from Him in hell. The only way to escape that fate is to receive God's Son Jesus Christ as “Savior and Lord”. Jesus came to die on the cross for the sins of the world because there was a destiny of non-existence and condemnation awaiting every person. (See John 3:17-18) This is God's salvation and redemption plan for mankind, and when we surrender our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and provide us with a “pleasant smile” that shall last for all eternity.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say,I waited patiently for the LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment