Friday, October 20, 2023

My Soul Thirsts For God - Psalms 42:2

In Psalms chapter forty two David said, “As the hart pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God”, and in chapter forty two and verse two of Psalms David said, “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God” where we read,

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

The verse begins, My soul thirsts for God, for the living God: David began with the words, “My soul thirsts for God” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, will, desire, emotions, passions and appetites is athirst and thirsty for the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “for the living God” which means “for the alive, flowing, fresh and active Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David passionately desired Jehovah God who was alive and active within his heart and mind.

The verse continues,when shall I come and appear before God?” David added the words, “when shall I come” or “at what time and moment will I, David, enter, attain, be enumerated and be brought in” “and appear before God” which means “and have vision, regard, observe and look to be in front and in the presence of the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”? David desired to know the time that he would be brought in and observe Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David was desperate for an encounter with Jehovah God. He longed for Him, and he wondered when he would encounter and be in front of Him. God wants us to be this passionate about being with Him, and when we yield ourselves to His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we gain access to Jehovah God and encounter Him. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of mankind which separated them from Him, and when we surrender to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to “come and appear before” Him for all eternity. (See Hebrews 4:14-16)

Next time David says,My tears have been my meat day and night, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment