Sunday, October 15, 2023

Preaching Righteousness - Psalms 40:9

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “I delight to do your will, O my God: yes, your law is within my heart”, and in chapter forty and verse nine of Psalms David said, “I have preached righteousness in the great congregation” where we read,

I have preached righteousness in the great congregation:

lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, you know.

The verse begins, I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: David began with the words, “I have preached righteousness” or “I, David, have bore news, tidings and announcements of justice, rightness, deliverance, victory and prosperity” “in the great congregation” which means “within the massive, abundant and numerous assembly, company or organized body of people”. David said he declared and proclaimed justice, deliverance and victory among a large body of people.

The verse goes on to say,lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, you know.” David continued with the words, “lo, I have not refrained my lips” or “look, behold and consider, I, David, have in no way or manner shut up, withheld or restrained my, David's, language, speech or talk”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “you know” or “you, Jehovah God, perceive, discriminate, distinguish and recognize”. David wrote how Jehovah God knew that he in no way kept from speaking God's “righteousness” among people.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David not only declared his determination to proclaim the “righteousness” of Jehovah God to a large assembly of people, but he also told how he in no way kept himself from sharing the truth of God with others. Jehovah God knows when we are too afraid of people to share the truth of God with them, and because Satan himself desires to keep people from receiving Jesus Christ as their personal “Savior and Lord”, many people do not share Him with others. God's salvation plan through His Son Jesus is for everyone, and the only way for people to be saved is through Him. (See John 14:6; Acts 4:12) When we receive Jesus as our “Lord”, we are to share Him with other people, and when they humble themselves, repent of their sins and receive Jesus, they will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life and begin to share His salvation with others. Let us be like David and proclaim God's “righteousness” with people, and may we never “refrain” our lips from declaring His salvation to the world.

Next time David says,I have not hid your righteousness within my heart, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment