Sunday, October 15, 2023

I Delight to Do Your Will - Psalms 40:8

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears have you opened: burnt offering and sin offering have you not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me”, and in chapter forty and verse eight of Psalms David said, “I delight to do your will, O my God” where we read,

I delight to do your will, O my God: yes, your law is within my heart.

The verse begins, I delight to do your will, O my God: David began with the words, “I delight to do your will” or “I, David and the Messiah Jesus, take pleasure in, am pleased and am moved to fashion, accomplish, make and produce your, Jehovah God's, pleasure, delight, favor, goodwill and acceptance”, “O my God” which means “O my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David declared his pleasure in performing that which Jehovah God desired, and he prophetically spoke of Jesus who accomplished God's will on the earth. (See John 4:34)

The verse continues,yes, your law is within my heart.” David added the words, “yes, your law” or “even so and indeed, Jehovah God's custom, manner, instruction, precepts and statutes” “is within my heart” which means “exists within my, David and the Messiah Jesus', inward parts”. David said Jehovah God's “instructions and precepts” were deep within him, and he prophetically shared how they were to be within the Messiah Jesus as well.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David took pleasure in performing the “will of God”, and he prophetically spoke of how Jesus would be when He came to the world. Jesus was sinless and perfect in the “law of God”, and that is the reason He became the “perfect” sacrifice for the sins of the world. Jesus, who was righteous, became unrighteous for us when He died upon the cross for our sins. (See 2 Corinthians 5:21) Now when we put our faith and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and guide us into all truth by His Holy Spirit. Afterward He gives us the power and ability to live according to “truth” so our lives will be pleasing to God. God loves us, and His “law” was meant for our good. When we submit to Jesus, we too shall “delight to do” His “will”, and His presence and favor will bless our hearts, souls and minds.

Next time David says,I have preached righteousness in the great congregation, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment