Saturday, October 14, 2023

Out of a Horrible Pit - Psalms 40:2

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry”, and in chapter forty and verse two of Psalms David said, “He brought me up also out of an horrible pit” where we read,

He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay,

and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

The verse begins, He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, ... David began with the words, “He brought me up also” or “He, Jehovah God, helped me, David, even so and indeed to ascend, climb and go up” “out of an horrible pit” which means “from the noise, pomp, rushing and destruction of a cistern, prison, dungeon or well”, “out of the miry clay” or “from the effervescing mud and dregs”. David said Jehovah God raised him up from a destructive dungeon and an effervescing mud.

The verse continues,... and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. David added the words, “and set my feet” or “and stood, confirmed, fixed and established my, David's, steps and journey” “upon a rock” which means “on a crag, cliff or stronghold of security”, “and established my goings” or “and made firm, stable and fixed my, David's, steps or mode of life”. David shared how Jehovah God fixed his steps upon a stronghold of security and made firm his mode of living.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn not only how Jehovah God rescued David from destruction, but also how He fixed his journey upon a stronghold of security and made firm his mode of living. God's desire is to rescue every person from the penalty for sins they have committed, and when they receive His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins, grant them everlasting life and fix their journey and mode of living on a path that is secure and based upon His solid foundation. God loves everyone, and when we surrender to His plan of salvation through Jesus, we shall give Him praise, honor and glory forever for His provision for our manner of living.

Next time David says,he has put a new song in my mouth, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment