Thursday, October 12, 2023

My Heart Hot within Me - Psalms 39:3

In Psalms chapter thirty nine David said, “I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred”, and in chapter thirty nine and verse three of Psalms David said, “My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned” where we read,

My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spoke I with my tongue,

The verse begins, My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: David began with the words, “My heart” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, will, understanding, soul, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory, inclination, reflection, memory and conscience” “was hot within me” which means “became aroused, inflamed and warm inside of me, David”, “while I was musing” or “during the time and moment I, David, was whispering, murmuring and meditating” “the fire burned” which means “the fiery and hot flame consumed, kindled and wasted away”. David said his inner man and soul began to “burn” within him while he was meditating.

The verse continues,then spoke I with my tongue, ... David added the words, “then spoke I” or “at that time therefore, wherefore and on this account I, David, uttered, declared and proclaimed” “with my tongue” which means “by the use of my, David's, own wedge in his mouth used for speaking” the following words. David said because his soul was “burning inside” while he meditated, he began to proclaim the words found in our next verse.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David was affected within as he meditated upon the things of Jehovah God. David “burned” from within as he focused upon the things of God rather than his circumstances. God desires that we have a personal relationship with Him that knows He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of everybody. When we rely upon, cling to and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and “burn” His ideas within us to help us to be like Him. (See 2 Corinthians 3:18) Let us allow Jehovah God to put His thoughts and ideas within us, and may the “hot burning” within us lead us to speak and live in a manner that is pleasing to Him.

Next time David says, LORD, make me to know my end, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment