Thursday, October 19, 2023

Upheld in My Integrity - Psalms 41:12

In Psalms chapter forty one David said, “By this I know that you favor me, because my enemy does not triumph over me”, and in chapter forty one and verse twelve of Psalms David said, “you uphold me in my integrity” where we read,

And as for me, you uphold me in my integrity, and set me before your face for ever.

The verse begins, And as for me, you uphold me in my integrity, ... David began with the words, “And as for me” or “and on behalf of me, David”, “you uphold me” which means “you, Jehovah God, grasp, lay hold of and support me, David” “in my integrity” or “within my, David's, completeness, fullness, innocence and simplicity”. David said Jehovah God supported him within his innocence and simplicity.

The verse goes on to say, “... and set me before your face for ever.” David continued with the words, “and set me” or “and stationed, appointed, fixed and established me, David” “before your face for ever” which means “in front and in the presence of your, Jehovah God, countenance and presence eternally, indefinitely and to an unending future”. David said Jehovah God established him in the presence of His countenance for all eternity.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David knew Jehovah God established Him within his own innocence and simplicity, and He established him in front of His countenance to an unending future. There is no greater hold than the hold of Jehovah God, and when we submit to His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and establish us before Him for all eternity. God loves people, and He has an open invitation to everyone to be forgiven of their sins and to inherit eternal life with Him when they surrender themselves to His Son Jesus. Jesus came to the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and everyone is invited to “come” to Him and allow Him to “uphold” them and fixed them before His countenance for ever.

Next time David says,Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment