Thursday, October 26, 2023

My Confusion Before Me - Psalms 44:15

In Psalms chapter forty four David said, “You make us a reproach to our neighbors, a scorn and a derision to them that are round about us. You make us a byword among the heathen, a shaking of the head among the people”, and in chapter forty four and verse fifteen of Psalms David said, “my confusion is continually before me” where we read,

My confusion is continually before me, and the shame of my face has covered me,

The verse begins, My confusion is continually before me, ... David began with the words, “My confusion” or “my, David's, disgrace, reproach, shame, dishonor, insult and ignominy” “is continually before me” which means “is in front, in view and in the sight and presence of me, David, throughout the daytime and nighttime”. David said his reproach and ignominy was in the the sight and view of him every day.

The verse goes on to say, “... and the shame of my face has covered me, ...” David continued with the words, “and the shame” or “and the misfortune and great disgrace” “of my face” which means “belonging to my, David's, front and presence” “has covered me” or “has concealed, hidden and overwhelmed me, David”. David said his misfortune and disgrace showed upon his countenance and concealed him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David was greatly affected by his disgrace and shame, and it was so intense, that it showed upon his face and made him want to hide. Sin has this affect upon people, and because it is so destructive, God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. Our guilt is removed. Our shame is gone, and God Almighty through His Holy Spirit leads us every day of our lives so that we no longer need to hide.

Next time David shares about,the voice of him that reproaches and blasphemes, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment