Sunday, October 22, 2023

Send Out Your Light and Truth - Psalms 43:3

In Psalms chapter forty three David said, “Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man. For you are the God of my strength: why do you cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”, and in chapter forty three and verse three David said, “O send out your light and your truth” where we read,

O send out your light and your truth: let them lead me;

let them bring me unto your holy hill, and to your tabernacles.

The verse begins, O send out your light and your truth: let them lead me; David began with the words, “O send out your light” or “O let go, stretch out, extend and direct your, Jehovah God's, illumination of instruction and lamp of prosperity” “and your truth” which means “and your, Jehovah God's, firmness, faithfulness, sureness, reliability, stability, continuance and reliableness”: “let them lead me” or “allow and permit the light and truth of Jehovah God to guide me, David”. David wanted Jehovah God to dispatch His illumination of instruction and reliability to guide him.

The verse continues,let them bring me unto your holy hill, and to your tabernacles.” David added the words, “let them bring me” or “allow and permit the light and truth of Jehovah God come, attain and lead me, David” “unto your holy hill” which means “toward your, Jehovah God's, sacred, separate and hallowed mountain”, “and to your tabernacles” or “and toward your, Jehovah God's, dwelling place, habitation”. David appealed to Jehovah God to allow His “light and truth” to lead him to God's “sacred” mountain and toward his dwelling place or habitations.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David desired the illumination of Jehovah God and His faithfulness and reliability. He knew Jehovah God's attributes would lead him to His “sacred” mountain and toward His dwelling places. John the apostle wrote, “God is light, and in him is no darkness at all” (See 1 John 1:5), and Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.” Jesus is the “light of the world”, (See John 8:12, 9:5) and anyone who receives Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” will become the “light of the world” as well. (See Matthew 5:14) When we surrender to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and pour out His Holy Spirit upon us so that we will be guided into all truth and be empowered to be brought to His “holy mountain” and to enter His “dwelling places” forever and ever more.

Next time David says,Then will I go unto the altar of God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment