Sunday, October 15, 2023

In the Volume of the Book - Psalms 40:7

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears have you opened: burnt offering and sin offering have you not required”, and in chapter forty and verse seven of Psalms David said, “in the volume of the book it is written of me” where we read,

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

The verse begins, Then said I, Lo, I come: David began with the words, “Then said I” or “therefore, wherefore and on this account I, David, uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “Lo, I come” which means “look, behold and consider, I, Jehovah God, enter, attain and am enumerated”. David said Jehovah God was to enter.

The verse goes on to say,in the volume of the book it is written of me,” David continued with the words, “in the volume of the book” or “within the roll book or writing pertaining to the missive, document, written order, commission and decree” “it is written of me” which means “the following is recorded, enrolled, inscribed and engraved pertaining to me, Jehovah God”. David shared how the document and decree is inscribed concerning Jehovah God's commitment to the following.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David spoke these prophetic words concerning the Messiah Jesus who was to come and live among people. (See Hebrews 10:7-9; Luke 24:27, 44; John 5:39) The theme of the entire Bible is God's redemption of mankind through His Son Jesus, and the scriptures are meant to lead us to a personal relationship with Him. God desires to have an intimate relationship with us, and when we believe and trust in His Son Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us by His Holy Spirit not only in this life, but also in the eternal life to come. Everyone is invited to receive Jesus, and we may all search the scriptures to see God's plan of salvation and redemption of mankind. We are wise when we submit ourselves to His “volume of the book” which gives notice for us to receive Him.

Next time David says,I delight to do your will, O my God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment