Sunday, October 22, 2023

Going to the Altar of God - Psalms 43:4

In Psalms chapter forty three David said, “send out your light and your truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto your holy hill, and to your tabernacles”, and in chapter forty three and verse four of Psalms David said, “then will I go unto the altar of God” where we read,

Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy:

yes, upon the harp will I praise you, O God my God.

The verse begins, Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: David began with the words, “Then will I go unto the altar of God” or “therefore, wherefore and on this account I, David, shall enter, come in and be brought to the place of sacrifice or worship belonging to the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “unto God” which means “toward the Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “my exceeding joy” or “my, David's, mirth, gladness, gaiety and pleasure”. David concluded that he would proceed to the sacrificial place belonging to Jehovah God who was his gladness and pleasure.

The verse goes on to say,yes, upon the harp will I praise you, O God my God.” David continued with the words, “yes, upon the harp” or “even so and indeed, on the lyre or stringed instrument” “will I praise you” which means “shall I, David, give thanks, laud, revere and worship you, Jehovah God”, “O God my God” or “O Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God my, David's Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”. David shared how he would give thanks, honor and worship to Jehovah God who is the Supreme God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David responded to Jehovah God leading him to His “holy hill and tabernacles”. He decided to give honor and worship to Jehovah by playing his “harp” and reassuring himself that God was still God. God loves us, and His desire is to have an intimate personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus. He will lead us by His Holy Spirit to come to Him, receive His salvation and be cleansed and forgiven for our sins, and we shall give Him praise, honor and worship for all eternity for His provision and blessings to all who believe and trust in Jesus.

Next time David asks again,Why are you cast down, O my soul?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment