Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Poor and Needy - Psalms 40:17

In Psalms chapter forty David said, “Let all those that seek you rejoice and be glad in you: let such as love your salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified”, and in chapter forty and verse seventeen of Psalms David said, “I am poor and needy” where we read,

But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me:

you are my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

The verse begins, But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me: David began with the words, “But I am poor” or “however, notwithstanding, nonetheless and moreover I, David, exist as afflicted, needy, humbled, weak and wretched” “and needy” which means “and in want, subject to oppression, abuse and trouble”; “yet the Lord” or “however Adonay or the reverent master” “thinks upon me” which means “plans, calculates, invents, imagines, imputes and regards me, David”. David recognized his own frail, humble and troubled state, but he knew his master Jehovah God made plans, calculations and inventions concerning him.

The verse goes on to say,you are my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.” David continued with the words, “you are my help” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, succor, aid and assistant” “and my deliverer” which means “and my, David's, escape and safety”; “make no tarrying” or “do not delay, hinder or keep back”, “O my God” which means “O my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”. David knew Jehovah God was his assistant and rescuer, and he desired that his Supreme God not delay nor tarry.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David declared his own humble condition before Jehovah God, and even when he was in this state, God was thinking about him. David knew Jehovah God was his true assistant and rescuer, and he desired that He delay no more to liberate him. God loves us, and His desire is to have a personal intimate relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we submit to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and become our “help and deliverer” without any delay.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say,Blessed is he that considers the poor, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment