Tuesday, October 24, 2023

No Trust in Weapons -Psalms 44:6

In Psalms chapter forty four David said, “You are my King, O God: command deliverances for Jacob. Through you will we push down our enemies: through your name will we tread them under that rise up against us”, and in chapter forty four and verse six of Psalms David said, “I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me” where we read,

For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.

The verse begins, For I will not trust in my bow, … David began with the words, “for I will not trust” or “because, since and on account that I, David, shall in no way or manner have confidence, be secure and feel safe” “in my bow” which means “with my, David's, archery bow used for hunting and battle”. David said he would not have confidence in his bending bow which was used for hunting and battle.

The verse continues, “... neither shall my sword save me.” David added the words, “neither shall my sword” or “no and not in any way will my, David's, knife, axe, dagger, mattock or other sharp cutting instrument” “save me” which means “deliver, rescue and liberate me, David”. David declared that he would not put his confidence in his sharp cutting instrument used for war to rescue and deliver him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David did not have faith in his weapons used for battle to deliver him. We shall see that his confidence was in Jehovah God. Tools used for battle are only as good at the person who wields them, and David knew without Jehovah God's help, they would be useless. God gives people tools to use in their lives, and they are best utilized when the person who holds them realizes the power for their success comes from Him. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and anyone who believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with Him. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God who provides the power to use His tools in ways that deliver and rescue us from the enemies who rise against us.

Next time David says,you have saved us from our enemies, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment