Saturday, October 21, 2023

My Soul is Cast Down within Me - Psalms 42:6

In Psalms chapter forty two David asked, “Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted in me? hope you in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance”, and in chapter forty two and verse six of Psalms David said, “O my God, my soul is cast down within me” where we read,

O my God, my soul is cast down within me:

therefore will I remember you from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

The verse begins, O my God, my soul is cast down within me: David began with the words, “O my God” or “O my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “my soul is cast down within me” which means “my, David's, inner man, mind, will, desire, emotions, passions and appetites exists as bowed down, prostrated and humbled in mourning inside me, David”. David declared to Jehovah God that his heart and mind was humbled in mourning within him.

The verse continues,therefore will I remember you from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.” David added the words, “therefore will I remember you” or “wherefore, thus and on this account shall I, David, call, call to mind and recall you, Jehovah God” “from the land of Jordan” which means “apart and separate from the country, territory, district and region belonging to Jordan whose name means descender and was the river of Palestine running from the roots of Anti-Lebanon to the Dead Sea a distance of approx 200 miles”, “and of the Hermonites” or “and belonging to the the name for the three summits of Mount Hermon located on the border of Palestine and Lebanon whose name means a sanctuary”, “from the hill Mizar” which means “separate and apart from the hill country or mountain named Mizar which means small and was a mountain apparently in the northern part of Transjordan near Mount Hermon”. David said he would recall Jehovah God and the expansed that He covered from the “land of Jordan, the Hermonites and the hill Mizar”.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David reminded himself of the vastness and wide expanse of Jehovah God. The idea is to remember how big God is and how wide of an area He covers. In other words, Jehovah God is bigger and greater than David's problems, and He is bigger than our problems as well. Jehovah God knew we were in trouble because “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”, (See Romans 6:23) and He sent His Son Jesus to the world to be crucified and pay the price of death for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and assist us with His mighty power in every difficulty and affliction we encounter.

Next time David says,Deep calls unto deep, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment