Friday, August 18, 2023

A Table in the Presence of Enemies - Psalms 23:5

In Psalms chapter twenty-three David said, “the LORD is my shepherd: I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me”, and in chapter twenty three and verse five of Psalms David said, “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies” where we read,

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies:

you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.

The verse begins, You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies:” David began with the words, “You prepare a table before me” which means “You, Jehovah God, arrange, set and lay in order a spread or meal in the face or front of me, David” “in the presence” or “within the sight or front” “of my enemies” which means “pertaining to my, David's, hostile, harassing and vexing foes and adversaries”. David said Jehovah God arranged a spread or meal for him in the sight of his harassing and vexing foes.

The verse continues,you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.” David added the words, “you anoint my head” or “you, Jehovah God, make fat, prosperous and accepting my, David's, top, summit, upper part and chief part or head of his physical body” “with oil” which means “by using olive oil or ointment”; “my cup runs over” or “my, David's, container or cup-like cavity of the eye or portion is wealthy and at saturation”. David wrote how Jehovah God “anointed” his head with the oil of prosperity which made his portion to be saturated and overflowing.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see through David how Jehovah God blessed him in front of his adversaries and “anointed” him with abundance to the point of saturation and overflowing. God loved and blessed David, and His desire is to do the same for every person who will yield themselves to His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. When we align with God's plan of salvation which was paid for by the blood of His Son Jesus on the cross, we gain the position with Him of being blessed, anointed and made prosperous beyond our capacity to contain.

Next time David says, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment