Monday, August 28, 2023

Your Face, O LORD, Will I Seek - Psalms 27:8

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me” and in chapter twenty seven and verse eight of Psalms David said, “Your face, LORD, will I seek” where we read,

When you said, Seek you my face; my heart said unto you, Your face, LORD, will I seek.

The verse begins, When you said, Seek you my face;”. David began with the words, “When you said” which means “at the time and moment you, Jehovah God, uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “Seek you my face” or “you, David, require, desire, exact and request my, Jehovah God's, presence and countenance”. David recalled the time Jehovah God told him to require and desire His countenance and presence.

The verse goes on to say,my heart said unto you, Your face, LORD, will I seek.” David continued with the words, “my heart” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, soul, knowledge, thinking, reflection and seat of appetites, emotions and passions” “said unto you” which means “uttered, declared and proclaimed to you, Jehovah God”, “Your face” or “Your, Jehovah God's, presence and countenance”, “LORD” which refers to “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “will I seek” or “shall I, David, require, desire, exact and request”. David shared how his soul, mind and thinking declared that he would desire and require the presence and countenance of Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how Jehovah God called out to David before David responded to Him. Jehovah God calls out to all mankind, “Seek my face”, and He does this through the death of His Son Jesus on the cross for the sins of all mankind. The countenance and presence of God is found by receiving Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, and when we respond to His order in this manner, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow His presence and countenance to be sought by all who humble themselves before Him. God wants to relate to us, and when He calls out, “Seek my face”, we respond in the best way by declaring, “your face, LORD, will I seek”.

Next time David says Hide not your face far from me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment