Sunday, August 27, 2023

My Foot in an Even Place - Psalms 26:12

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men. In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes. But as for me, I will walk in my integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me”, and in chapter twenty six and verse twelve of Psalms David said, “My foot stands in an even place” where we read,

My foot stands in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

The verse begins, My foot stands in an even place:”. David began with the words, “My foot stands” which means “my, David's, physical foot and leg are able to endure, follow, journey and possess times” “in an even place” or “within a level and upright plain, country or concord”. David declared his “standing” to be within a level and upright location.

The verse goes on to say,in the congregations will I bless the LORD.” David continued with the words, “in the congregations” or “within the assemblies of people” “will I bless” which means “I, David, shall adore, salute and praise” “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David declared that he would “stand” among the assemblies of people and give praise and glory to Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how it was important for David to make a “stand” among the groups of people who surrounded him, and he determined to give praise and honor to Jehovah God in their midst. David loved the LORD God, and he wanted the world to know Him. God loves people, and He desires to give them forgiveness of sins and eternal life. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He forgives us, grants us everlasting life and provides a life that is His witness in this world. When we surrender to Jesus, we will testify of Him among the “congregations” of people as we praise and give glory to Him forever and ever.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment