Thursday, August 17, 2023

The LORD is My Shepherd - Psalms 23:1

Psalms chapter twenty-three begins with the heading, [[A Psalm of David.]] which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a melody of a poem set to notes and played with a musical instrument” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter twenty three and verse one of Psalms David said, “the LORD is my shepherd” where we read,

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

The verse begins, The LORD is my shepherd;” David began with the words, “The LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “is my shepherd” or “exists as my, David's, herdsman, teacher, ruler and friend”. David said Jehovah God was his herdsman, teacher and friend.

The verse continues,I shall not want.” David added the words, “I shall not” or “I, David, will in no way and manner” “want” which means “be without, lack, diminish and decrease”. David said he would in no way lack for anything under Jehovah God's care.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn about the intimate relationship David had with Jehovah God. David was a shepherd, (See 1 Samuel 16:11,19, 17:15, 20) and he related his experience to how Jehovah cared for him. David knew Jehovah provided for him, and he did not lack anything he needed. God loved David, and He loves people. He desires this type of intimate relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and insure that we do not lack anything that we need. (See Philippians 4:19)

Next time David says, “He makes me to lie down in green pastures:, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment