Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Declaring Jehovah's Name - Psalms 22:22

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David continued his appeal to Jehovah God by saying, “Save me from the lion's mouth: for you have heard me from the horns of the unicorns, and in chapter twenty two and verse twenty-two of Psalms David said, “I will declare your name unto my brethren” where we read,

I will declare your name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you.

The verse begins, I will declare your name unto my brethren:” David began with the words, “I will declare your name” which means “I, David, shall count, recount, relate and take account of your, Jehovah God's, reputation, fame and glory” “unto my brethren” or “to my, David's, kinship, tribe and resembling brothers”. David said he would “recount and make known” Jehovah God's reputation, fame and glory to his fellow kinsmen.

The verse goes on to say,in the midst of the congregation will I praise you.” David continued with the words, “in the midst” or “within the middle or center part” “of the congregation” which means “pertaining to the assembly, company, congregation and multitude” “will I praise you” or “shall I, David, be boastful, commend and rave about you, Jehovah God”. David wrote how he would boast about Jehovah God in the middle of all the assembly of people.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David turned from his agonizing torture to giving praise and honor to Jehovah God who not only heard him when he cried, but also rescued him from his opposing powerful enemies. Jesus died on the cross, but death, hell and the grave were defeated as He rose from the dead after three days. Access was given to every person to receive Jesus as their “Savior and Lord” to be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God, and anyone who trusts in, relies upon and clings to Jesus will receive from Him. God loves us, and when we yield to His Son Jesus, we too shall give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God for all eternity for His blessings and grace extended to us.

Next time David says, “You that fear the LORD, praise him, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment