Thursday, August 24, 2023

Examine Me, O LORD - Psalms 26:2

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my integrity. I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide”, and in chapter twenty six and verse two of Psalms David said, “Examine me, O LORD, and prove me;” where we read,

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

The verse begins, Examine me, O LORD, and prove me;”. David began with the words, “Examine me” which means “try, prove, scrutinize and make trial of me, David”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “and prove me” which means “and test, assay and put me, David, to proof”. David wanted Jehovah God to try and test him.

The verse goes on to say,try my reins and my heart.” David continued with the words, “try my reins” or “smelt, refine and test my, David's, kidneys which were believed to be the seats of emotion and affection” “and my heart” which means “and my, David's, inner man, soul, mind, knowledge, thinking, reflection, inclination, resolution and determination”. David wanted Jehovah God also to test and refine his emotions, affections, soul, mind, knowledge, thinking and determination.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how bold and concerned David was with his own soul. David understood that Jehovah God knew him better than anyone, and when he humbled himself before Him, Jehovah would not only reveal what was in his “heart” and “mind”, but would also be gracious and loving as he exposed it. God knows us, and He loves us. He knows what we do, think, plan, have concern with and the attitudes within us. He is a Holy God who sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay for the sins and errors of unholy people, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and continually show us what we are really like inside. Praise be unto Jehovah God for His willingness to “try and test” us and for the mercy He expends upon us when He reveals our true selves.

Next time David says, “your lovingkindness is before my eyes, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment