Sunday, August 20, 2023

Unto You Do I Lift Up My Soul - Psalms 25:1

Psalms chapter twenty-five begins with the heading, [[A Psalm of David.]] which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a melody of a poem set to notes and played with a musical instrument“of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter twenty five and verse one of Psalms David said, “Unto you, O LORD, do I lift up my soul” where we read,

Unto you, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.

The verse begins, Unto you, O LORD, ...” David began with the words, “Unto you” which means “toward you, Jehovah God”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David directed his words to Jehovah God to whom he directed the following.

The verse continues, “... do I lift up my soul.” David added the words, “do I lift up” or “carry, take, raise, support and sustain I, David” “my soul” which means “my, David's, self, life, creature, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion and passion”. David told Jehovah God that he raised his life, being, emotions and passions to Him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David knew to whom to bring his life and being. Jehovah God is the source of life, He created it, He sustains it and He knows how to manage anything we endure. God loves us, and He gave His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins as a testimony of His love for all mankind. When we submit to Jesus and call Him LORD, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us all the days of our lives. Let Jehovah God be praised and honored for engaging everyone who surrenders to Him and calls Him “LORD”.

Next time David says, “O my God, I trust in you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment