Thursday, August 31, 2023

The LORD is My Strength and Shield - Psalms 28:7

In Psalms chapter twenty-eight David said, “Blessed be the LORD, because he has heard the voice of my supplications”, and in chapter twenty eight and verse seven of Psalms David said, “The LORD is my strength and my shield”, where we read,

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped:

therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him.

The verse begins, The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped:” David began with the words, “The LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “is my strength” or “exists as my, David's, might, power and force whether personal, social or political” “and my shield” which means “and my, David's, buckler, ruler, scale and defense”; “my heart” or “my, David's, inner man, soul, mind, understanding, thinking and seat of emotions and passions” “trusted in him” which means “had confidence, security, boldness and safety in Jehovah God”, “and I am helped” or “and I, David, exist as succored, supported, protected and given aid”. David proclaimed Jehovah God to be both his protector, defense and support which was a result of his confidence and faith in Him within his mind and soul.

The verse goes on to say,therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him.” David continues with the words, “therefore my heart” or “wherefore, then and on this account my, David's, inner man, soul, mind, understanding, thinking and seat of emotions and passions” “greatly rejoices” which means “jumps for joy, is exulted and exceedingly joyful in triumph”; “and with my song” or “and by the use of my, David's, ode, singing and music” “will I praise him” which means “shall I, David, laud, give thanks, revere and worship him, Jehovah God”. David said the result of Jehovah God being his “protection, defense and support” was that his inner man jumps for joy, and he used his music to adore and exult Jehovah God in response.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn within whom David put His confidence and faith. Jehovah God was who he relied upon for “strength, protection and aid”, and this caused him to “jump for joy” within his soul and mind. David broke out in “song” to give honor, praise and adoration to Jehovah God, and anyone who comes to Him through His Son Jesus will have the same response as they receive Him into their hearts. Paul the apostle said, “That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (See Romans 10:9-10), and when we come to Jehovah God through Jesus Christ His Son we will jump for joy within and break out in “songs” of adoration of Him.

Next time David says, The LORD is their strength, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment