Thursday, August 24, 2023

I Wash My Hands in Innocency - Psalms 26:6

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked”, and in chapter twenty six and verse six of Psalms David said, “I will wash my hands in innocency” where we read,

I will wash my hands in innocency: so will I compass your altar, O LORD:

The verse begins, I will wash my hands in innocency:”. David began with the words, “I will wash” which means “I, David, shall lave and bathe” “my hands in innocency” or “my, David's, hollows or palms of his physical hands with freedom from guilt, punishment and clearness”. David declared that he would bathe his physical hands in clearness and freedom from guilt.

The verse goes on to say, so will I compass your altar, O LORD:” David continued with the words, “so will I compass” or “and in like manner shall turn about, change, surround and encompass” “your altar” which means “your, Jehovah God's, place of sacrifice”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David shared how he would surround Jehovah God's place of sacrifice.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse we learn how David would conduct his life as he opposed the people who were evil and hostile to Jehovah God. David would bathe himself in the purity and righteousness of God and continue engaging himself around His “place of sacrifice”. God is Holy, and no one is able to enter His presence without innocence in their lives. Because we all have sinned, (See Romans 3:23) we are unable to be in the immediate presence of Jehovah God without a substitute to pay the price of death for our wicked ways. God sent His perfect Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, and because His body was broken and His blood was spilled, every person who believes and trusts in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” will be made “righteous”. (See 2 Corinthians 5:21) God wants to live with us forever, and the only way for that to happen is to receive His Son Jesus into their lives. (See John 14:6) Let us encompass His “place of sacrifice”, the cross, and understand fully His commitment and invitation to come unto Him.

Next time David says, “that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment