Sunday, August 27, 2023

One Thing Have I Desired - Psalms 27:4

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident” and in chapter twenty seven and verse four of Psalms David said, “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after” where we read,

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

The verse begins, One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after;”. David began with the words, “One thing have I desired” which means “Only a single request and passion have I, David, asked, inquired and begged” “of the LORD” or “from Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “that will I seek after” which means “the one thing shall I, David, look for, seek to find, require and request”. David said there was only “One thing” that he passionately wanted from Jehovah God, and he purposed to look for and discover that “One thing”.

The verse goes on to say,that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.” David continues with the words, “that I may dwell” or “that I, David, might live, abide, remain, stay and be inhabited” “in the house” which means “within the dwelling place, habitation and abode” “of the LORD” or “belonging to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God” “all the days of my life” which means “each, every, the whole and everyone of the sunrises to sunsets belonging to my, David's, living, being, sustenance and maintenance”, “to behold the beauty” or “to look upon, see, perceive and observe the kindness, pleasantness, delight and favor” “of the LORD” which means “belonging to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”. David shared that his “One thing” desired was to abide and remain within Jehovah God's dwelling place every day of his life and to look upon and observe the kindness, pleasantness and favor provided through Him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we realize we are considering one of the greatest verses in the book of Psalms written by David. David wanted to live with Jehovah God more than anything else in the world. He wanted to look upon Him, perceive Him and enjoy observing Him face to face. God loves this desire from people who come to Him through His Son Jesus. When we submit to Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and put within us a desire to see and live with Jehovah God. God loves us, and His desire is for us to love Him in return. We who believe shall spend all eternity giving praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God who desires to be with us even more than we could ever desire to be with Him.

Next time David says in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment