Sunday, August 20, 2023

Lead Me in Your Truth - Psalms 25:5

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said,Show me your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths”, and in chapter twenty five and verse five of Psalms David said, “Lead me in your truth, and teach me” where we read,

Lead me in your truth, and teach me: for you are the God of my salvation; on you do I wait all the day.

The verse begins, Lead me in your truth, and teach me:” David began with the words, “Lead me” which means “bend, tread, and march forward me, David” “in your truth” or “within your, Jehovah God's, firmness, faithfulness, stability, continuance and reliability”, “and teach me” which means “and instruct and train, me, David”. David desired for Jehovah God to guide and instruct him into His faithfulness and reliability.

The verse continues,for you are the God of my salvation; on you do I wait all the day.” David added the words, “for you are the God” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, are the Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God” “of my salvation” which means “belonging to my, David's, deliverance, rescue, safety and welfare”; “on you” or “upon you, Jehovah God” “do I wait all the day” which means “do I, David, look for, hope and eagerly expect the whole and totality of the period or time of a working day or day's journey”. David declared Jehovah God to be the Supreme God of his “deliverance and rescue”, and David eagerly expected and hoped for Him all day long.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David wanted Jehovah God to guide him into His “truth”, and he knew Jehovah would instruct him because He delivered and rescued him. David hoped in Jehovah God with great expectation because He loved him, and He loves every person in the world. He gave His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and because He was raised from the dead three days later, salvation and eternal life are offered to everyone who believes and trusts in Jesus. The greatest opportunity in the world is to receive Jesus Christ as our “Savior and Lord”, and we are wise to eagerly expect Him to deliver and save us when we surrender to Him.

Next time David says, “Remember, O LORD, your tender mercies and your lovingkindness, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment