Sunday, August 20, 2023

In God I Trust - Psalms 25:2

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said,Unto you, O LORD, do I lift up my soul”, and in chapter twenty five and verse two of Psalms David said, “O my God, I trust in you” where we read,

O my God, I trust in you: let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me.

The verse begins, O my God, I trust in you:” David began with the words, “O my God” which means “O my, David's, Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”, “I trust in you” or “I, have confidence, security, hope and security within you, Jehovah God”. David said his confidence was in Jehovah God who is the Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God.

The verse goes on to say,let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me.” David continued with the words, “let me not be ashamed” or “do not allow or permit me, David, to feel shame, be disconcerted and disappointed”, “let not my enemies” which means “do not allow or permit my, David's, personal and national hating adversaries or foes to” “triumph over me” or “to rejoice over, jump for joy and rejoice over me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to allow him to feel shame or permit his hating foes to rejoice and jump for joy over him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we realize how David placed his confidence within Jehovah God who is the Divine ruler and Supreme God of the universe. Because of this, David knew he could appeal to Jehovah concerning his own embarrassment and being conquered by people who hated him. God knows us, and His desire is to have an intimate relationship with us that is based upon our trust and faith in Him, and when we encounter times that cause “shame” or when “adversaries” who hate us arise, we can be assured that He will be with us. God proved His love to us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, we will be forgiven of our sins, granted everlasting life and enjoy His presence regardless of what we encounter in our lives.

Next time David says, “let none that wait on you be ashamed, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment