Monday, August 28, 2023

Hidden in the Time of Trouble - Psalms 27:5

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple” and in chapter twenty seven and verse five of Psalms David said, “in the time of trouble he shall hide me” where we read,

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:

in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

The verse begins, For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion:”. David began with the words, “For in the time of trouble” which means “because, since and on account that within the period which is bad, unpleasant, evil and displeasing” “he shall hide me” or “he, Jehovah God, will treasure, store up, hoard and reserve me, David” “in his pavilion” which means “within his, Jehovah God's, thicket, lair or covert booth”. David declared how Jehovah God would treasure and reserve him within His covert booth when evil and displeasing times come into his life.

The verse continues,in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.” David added the words, “in the secret” or “within the covering, shelter and hiding place” “of his tabernacle” which means “belonging to his, Jehovah God's, tent, dwelling, home and habitation” “shall he hide me” or “will he, Jehovah God, conceal, keep close and surely secret me, David”; “he shall set me up” which means “he, Jehovah God, will uplift and exalt me, David” “upon a rock” or “on a block of stone or boulder”. David said Jehovah God would also keep him concealed within His dwelling place, and He would set him upon a solid block of stone.


When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David knew Jehovah God would be with him when difficulties arose, and that God was capable of keeping him hidden away from the “troubles”. Jehovah would enclose and watch over him within His Holy dwelling place as He place him upon solid ground. In other words, Jehovah God was David's protection. God desires to have this type of intimate relationship with every person, and because sin separated people from God, He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of the world. Anyone who humbles themselves, repents from their sin and believes and trusts in Jesus as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven and granted everlasting life with God. Jesus becomes our “Savior”, protector and provider when we submit to Him, and for all eternity He shall conceal us from any enemies.

Next time David says and now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment