Thursday, August 24, 2023

Hating the Congregation of Evil Doers - Psalms 26:5

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For your lovingkindness is before my eyes: and I have walked in your truth. I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers”, and in chapter twenty six and verse five of Psalms David said, “I have hated the congregation of evil doers” where we read,

I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

The verse begins, I have hated the congregation of evil doers;”. David began with the words, “I have hated” which means “I, David, have been utterly odious and detestable to” “the congregation” or “the assembly, company or convocation” “of evil doers” which means “belonging to bad, displeasing, wicked and injurious people who inflict harm, hurt and are mischievous”. David declared his detestation toward the gathering of wicked, displeasing and injurious people.

The verse continues,and will not sit with the wicked.” David added the words, “and will not sit” or “and shall in no way dwell, remain or abide” “with the wicked” which means “alongside people who are criminal, evil, guilty of sin and hostile to God”. David said he in no way dwelt, remained or abode with people who were evil and hostile to God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we understand David's loathing of wicked and injurious people who gathered together. He affirmed that he in no way would dwell with, remain or stay with people who were evil and hostile toward God. David “hated” the workers of iniquity, and he in no way would associate with people who committed these ills. Jesus Christ, God's Son, was sent into the world to die for the sins of every person, and because everyone has sinned (See Romans 3:10, 3:23), everyone is in need of Jesus to be their personal “Savior and Lord”. When we come to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and put within us a resistance and hatred for that which is evil and wrong. We shall give Him praise and glory forever for saving us from the consequences of people who are wicked and hostile to Him.

Next time David says, “I will wash my hands in innocency, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment