Monday, August 14, 2023

Be Not Far From Me, O LORD - Psalms 22:19

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David appealed to Jehovah God saying, “dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture, and in chapter twenty two and verse nineteen of Psalms David said, “But be not you far from me, O LORD” where we read,

But be not you far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste you to help me.

The verse begins, But be not you far from me, O LORD:” David began with the words, “But be not you far from me” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover do not be distant, removed and apart from me, David”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to be distant and removed from Him.

The verse continues,O my strength, haste you to help me.” David added the words, “O my strength” or “O my, David's, power, might, protection and help”, “haste you” which means “hurry, act quickly and be eager with excitement you, Jehovah God”, “to help me” or “to succor, assist and give aid to me, David”. David declared Jehovah God to be his might, protection and help, and he desired for Jehovah to hurry up and give him aid.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David wanted Jehovah God not to be distant from him, and he recognized Jehovah to be his protection and giver of aid. David depended upon Jehovah God, and his cry for Him not to be distant was echoed through the voice of Jesus as He hung upon the cross to die for the sins of the world. Jesus wanted a personal relationship with every person who yields to Him, and when we submit our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. God is our “strength”, and we are wise to praise Him and call upon Him to “hurry” when we have need.

Next time David says, “Deliver my soul from the sword, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment