Thursday, August 24, 2023

Consider My Enemies - Psalms 25:19

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said, “The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring you me out of my distresses. Look upon my affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins”, and in chapter twenty five and verse nineteen of Psalms David said, “Consider my enemies” where we read,

Consider my enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.

The verse begins, Consider my enemies;” David began with the word, “Consider” which means “see, look at, inspect, perceive and behold” “my enemies” or “my, David's, hating adversaries and foes”. David appealed to Jehovah God to “perceive and behold” the people who hated him and were his adversaries.

The verse continues,for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.” David added the words, “for they are many” or “because, since and on account that they, the enemies of David, are numerous, abundant and multiplied”; “and they hate me” which means “and they, David's enemies, are foes and odious to me, David” “with cruel hatred” or “by the use of violent, wrong and unjust exceeding detestation”. David said his “enemies” were numerous and multiplied, and they were odious toward him with an exceedingly great detestation.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David appealed to Jehovah God to look upon his “hating foes”. He told the LORD they were numerous and multiplied, and they came against him with an exceedingly vicious and violent detestation. This was no small matter for David as people were constantly attempting to kill or destroy him. Jesus said, “The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (See John 10:10), and every person has an ultimate enemy in Satan who desires to keep us from spending eternity with God. God intervened in Satan's plan by sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of mankind, and when we submit our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and protect us from the enemy's acts of abundant hatred against us. Praise be unto Jehovah God for beholding our enemies and coming to the rescue of every person who believes and trusts in His Son Jesus.

Next time David says, “O keep my soul, and deliver me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment