Sunday, August 20, 2023

Remember Not the Sins of My Youth - Psalms 25:7

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said,Show me your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth, and teach me: for you are the God of my salvation; on you do I wait all the day. Remember, O LORD, your tender mercies and your lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old”, and in chapter twenty five and verse six of Psalms David said, “Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:” where we read,

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:

according to your mercy remember you me for your goodness' sake, O LORD.

The verse begins, Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:” David began with the words, “Remember not” which means “do not recall and call to mind” “the sins of my youth” or “the sinful offenses, errors and wrongs pertaining to my, David's, early life or childhood”, “nor my transgressions” which means “no and not in any way my, David's, rebellion and willful revolt against God”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to recall the errors and wrongs he committed as a young person, and he desired that God not to call to mind his willful rebellion against Him and His law.

The verse continues,according to your mercy remember you me for your goodness' sake, O LORD.” David added the words, “according to your mercy” or “toward your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “remember you me” which means “recall and call to mind you, Jehovah God, me, David” “for your goodness' sake” or “because, since and on account of your, Jehovah God's, fairness, beauty, joy and prosperity”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God. David asked Jehovah God to “remember” him with His fairness, beauty and joy.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we can almost sense that David is recalling his past errors, wrongs and rebellion against God as he makes his appeal to Jehovah not to “remember” them. Rather than experience Jehovah God's judgment, David wanted God's “mercy and goodness”. This is also Jehovah's desire as He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of the world, and anyone who believes and trusts in Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life. This is Jehovah God's “mercy, compassion and faithfulness” expressed at it's fullest, and everyone is invited to receive Jesus and partake of them. God is for us, and not against us. We have an opportunity to humble ourselves before Him even as David, and we shall praise Him forever for His “tender mercies and kindnesses” for all eternity.

Next time David says, “good and upright is the LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment