Saturday, August 12, 2023

Took Out of the Womb - Psalms 22:9

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David wrote about Jehovah God saying, “Our fathers trusted in you: they trusted, and you did deliver them. They cried unto you, and were delivered: they trusted in you, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him, and in chapter twenty two and verse nine of Psalms David said,you are he that took me out of the womb where we read,

But you are he that took me out of the womb:

you did make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

The verse begins, “But you are he that took me out of the womb: David began with the words, “but you are he” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover you, Jehovah God, are the One” “that took me” or “who drew and brought me, David” “out of the womb” which means “from the belly, abdomen or hollow of his mother”. David referred to how Jehovah God was responsible for his birth.

The verse continues, “you did make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. David added the words, “you did make me hope” or “you, Jehovah God, secured, made confident and gave expectancy to me, David” “when I was upon my mother's breasts” which means “at the time and moment I, David, was nursing or breast feeding”. David wrote how Jehovah God provided the security and confidence he needed while he was still nursing upon his mother's bosom.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David referred to the way Jehovah God was present with him for all his life. From the time David was “born” and “nursing” from his mother, Jehovah not only made him secure, but also provided him with confidence in Him. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus. When we submit ourselves to Jesus, we will be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life with God. We may give praise and honor to Jehovah God on High for His provision, protection and continual oversight from the time we were born.

Next time David says, “I was cast upon you from the womb, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment